Graduate Bilingual Students
The 18-credit licensing program leads to a Wisconsin DPI license certification in Bilingual Education (WDPI 023). The program is designed for experienced teachers who wish to add this certification. All courses are 3-credits each and may be applied towards completion of the MA-Education in Bilingual Education. Bilingual Licensure courses are available either online or in the classroom. Each online course begins with a single mandatory face-to-face orientation meeting. That meeting is held on a weeknight or Saturday at the Monroe Street Campus as designated by the professor.
- ED 605B Paradigms in Bilingual/Bicultural Education
- ED 604A Language Acquisition in the Content Areas
- ED 605K Language Analysis and Bilingualism
- ED 605D Biliteracy Development (Spanish proficiency required)
- ED 604G Bilingual Curriculum Design and Assessment
- ED 694A Bilingual Supervised Field Mentoring
Completing the Master of Arts in Education degree will give you the skills and knowledge to become a leader of Bilingual Education in your school or district. The Master of Arts in Education: Bilingual Education requires completion of the 18 credits listed in the License Sequence, plus the 5 three-credit courses listed below. 33 credits total.
- ED 605C ESL/Bilingual Program Development and Advocacy (Ethics requirement)
- ED 639 Language Focused Instruction and Practice
- ED 603 Introduction to Education Research
- ED 692 Applied Research Thesis (Studies in Change requirement)
- One 3-credit elective course. Choose from ED 689, ED 604F, or ED 686.